Access Rec Spring Conference: Thursday, October 26th
Beyond networking — we’re building the relationships that promote collaboration.
Access Rec conferences are a mix of professional development and planting seeds of collaboration. This community of practice is dedicated to improving and enhancing recreation opportunities for people with disabilities — together. Join us for a day of learning, brainstorming, and meeting people who GET what you do!
Thursday, October 26th
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Beyond Inclusion: Recreation as a Pathway to Friendships between People With and Without Disabilities
- The Down & Dirty of Summer Camp
- Volunteers (special topic TBA)
- More to come!
- Facilitated and open networking time
- Executive Director Roundtable (Only one person from each organization may attend this session)
- Exhibitor hall
- “Lightning Round” mini-sessions after lunch
- Breakout time for interest groups
Schedule at a Glance
- Networking Breakfast, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Exhibitor Hall opens until 2:00
- Executive Director Roundtable
- General Session 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- Concurrent Sessions 10:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Lunch & Facilitated Networking 11:45 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Concurrent Sessions 1:45 – 3:15 p.m.
- Interest Group Networking/Social 3:15 – 4:30 p.m.
*CEUs pending approval from the American Therapeutic Recreation Association
**Ample, free parking is available. The Hilton Garden Inn is accessible via MBTA Bus #70 from Central Square or Express Bus #170 from Dudley Station; the closest stop is at 440 Totten Pond Road.
Price Before Oct. 1 / After Oct. 1
Access Rec Members*: $60 / 65
Non-members: $85 / 90
Undergraduate Students: $30 / 35
Graduate Students: $45 /50
Not yet a member? Join here
*Remember, Organizational members can send up to three staff at the member rate! Fourth and subsequent staff register at the non-member rate. Want more information on membership? Contact Chenine Peloquin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations: If you need an accommodation, please let us know as soon as possible and no later than two weeks before the event. If ASL interpreters are needed, it is best if we have four weeks lead time. We may not be able to accommodate last-minute requests.
Connect with leadership from over 40 local and regional organizations providing adaptive, inclusive, and therapeutic recreation services! If you are interested in exhibiting your product/service at the Access Rec Fall Conference, please contact Chenine Peloquin at email@example.com for details.