Barn Program Session 1
Saturday September 17 9:30am - 11:00am
Event Status: Planned
The Holland Project at Black Sheep Farm $150/6 weeks
81 Church Street
Disability Served: Autism, Intellectual
Communities Served: Adult, Teen
An integrated farming and agricultural Saturday program for teens diagnosed with autism and other developmental delays. The program is designed for the teens to have a typically developing volunteer from the community to assist them. Each program participant will experience the many educational, therapeutic, vocational and social benefits of working on a farm with a peer and caring for the animals on a farm setting.
Age group: 14-30
Program Structure: 6 Wk Saturday program
Session I: 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22
Session II: 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/10
9:30:am – 11:00 am.
· 1 ½ hrs in length
· 1:1 ratio participant to volunteer
· 8 participants
· Additional volunteer staff include a LICSW.
We start off each session by pairing up with a volunteer buddy. Participants are encouraged to work as a team to help with barn chores, caring and grooming the animals, and other unmounted activities. We typically take short group hikes with our dogs on our trail.
All activities are unmounted.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of the program and interact with animals
- Behavioral assessment/intake questionnaire completed by parent, caregiver, or educator prior to start of program.
- Screening for medical conditions or allergies that might interfere with the participation of the program
Cost per 6 week session: $150.00
Www.thehollandproject.org: pay online with The Holland Project donate button – reference the session(s) you are signing up for and participants name or mail payment to The Holland Project, 81 Church Street, Merrimac MA 01860
Location: Black Sheep Farm, 81 Church Street, Merrimac MA