S.O. Softball Season
Thursday June 1 - Thursday August 31 , 12:00am - 12:00am
Event Status: On Going
Special Olympics Venues TBA Varies
512 Forest St.
Disability Served: Autism, Intellectual
Communities Served: Adult, Teen
At Special Olympics Massachusetts, athletes train and compete through local practices and competitions to qualify for sectional and statewide events.
Join a Special Olympics softball team and compete this summer! The softball season runs from June – August and culminates with an August tournament in Western Massachusetts. Both Traditional and Unified programs are available.
Special Olympics first began with our traditional sports model and to this day the majority of Special Olympics athletes participate in this type of Special Olympics program. What most people think of when they hear Special Olympics is our traditional sports program, which is comprised of athletes with intellectual disabilities competing in Olympic-style sporting events. Special Olympics Unified Sports® brings together athletes with intellectual disabilities and athletes without intellectual disabilities (Unified partners) to train and compete on the same team.
Special Olympics Massachusetts offers year-round programming to individuals with intellectual disabilities, for all ages, in 24 different sports across the state. Check out our full listing of sports offered. Children may begin practicing and competing with a local program at age 6, and can begin attending state level competitions at age 8. Children between the ages of 2 and 7 can participate in the Young Athletes program, which prepares them for future participation in Special Olympics. There is no age limit for athletes at Special Olympics. All of our sports offer competition at a senior level and due to the growing demand of our older athletes, the Senior Sports program offers low-impact competition exclusively for athletes over the age of 40.
Complete the following steps to get involved as an athlete:
- Complete the Athlete Application for Participation form (PDF VERSION | WORD VERSION) (form only valid with ALL signatures completed, must be signed by a licensed medical examiner and is valid for three years)
- Send completed form to one of the following:
- EMAIL | GetInvolved@SpecialOlympicsMA.org
- MAIL | SOMA, 512 Forest Street, Marlborough, MA 01752,. ATTN: Eric Archambault
- FAX | 508-481-0786
- Complete the ATHLETE INTEREST FORM: This will allow us to place the you with the appropriate community program.
- Someone will be in contact within 2 weeks of the completed forms to place you with a program.