Wednesday August 15 10:00am - 12:00am
Event Status: Planned
deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum FREE with RSVP
51 Sandy Pond Road
Disability Served: Autism, Brain Injury, Hearing, Intellectual, Mental Health, Physical, Visual
Communities Served: Adult, Family, Teen, Veterans, Youth
Celebrate deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum’s Access Day on Wednesday, August 15th from 10 am to 1 pm – rain or shine!
Join us for a festive day of all-inclusive programming for children and adults featuring a sampling of deCordova’s accessible programs, including hands on art-making projects and specially-designed American Sign Language (ASL) Tours and Touch Tours on our Sculpture Park’s paved access path.
PLUS, participate in more art and nature explorations led onsite by our partners: The Discovery Museum, Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary, SAORI Worcester, The Connection Lab and more!
Multi-sensory, universally-designed, and inclusive activities explore art and nature in the Sculpture Park:
10 am – 1 pm (programs ongoing)
– deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum’s Learning & Engagement staff host Play in the Park to create sculptures from a variety of materials inspired by artworks on view.
– The Discovery Museum brings hands-on activities inspired by their newest exhibitions and popular Especially for Me Program using recycled materials to explore the movement of air and other natural happenings in our surroundings.
– Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary LEAF Program (Leaders in Environmental Access for All) will invite you to investigate and create animal homes and habitats.
– The Connection Lab invites participants to create a large-scale collaborative community sculpture inspired by our current exhibit, Sculpting with Air.
– SAORI Worcester brings a fully-accessible loom to create a special take-home work of art.
Sculpture Park Tours:
(times TBA, please email email@example.com for more details)
– American Sign Language (ASL) Tour on Paved Access Route
– Touch Tour on Paved Access Route (ASL Interpreter available)
*a separate indoor quiet space will be offered near activities for Access Day
For FREE admission to this fun day in the Park for individuals, families, or groups requesting special access, please RSVP on our eventbrite page to be added to the Access Day Guest List!
RSVP on our eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/access-day-august-15-2018-tickets-45114797574
Questions? Contact Rachael Kelly – firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-259-3663.