Intro to Kayaking
Saturday August 12 10:00am - 12:00pm
Event Status: Planned
Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center $45
1 Verney Drive
Disability Served: Autism, Brain Injury, Hearing, Intellectual, Mental Health, Physical, Visual
Communities Served: Adult, Family, Teen, Veterans, Youth
Come out and give it a try! We offer paddling opportunities in a safe and supportive environment with various levels of support and adaptations as needed for individual success.
Single kayaking lesson:
Saturday, August 12 at 10am – 12pm
Where: Sunset Lake
Each Course Provides:
• All equipment – tandem kayaks, paddles and personal flotation devices.
• Instruction and facilitation of lesson in a structured, supportive and safe environment for up to two hours by certified therapeutic recreation specialists trained in kayaking skills and techniques.
• Accessible dock and transfer area. Assistance provided with transfer to enter and exit the kayak.
• Modifications and/or adaptations to equipment (seating, kayaks, paddles, etc.) for optimal success and safety.
• Small group size (max six students) with 1 to 1 support. Participants are asked to come with a support person, family member or friend to provide support during the
lesson and in the tandem kayak.
• Lifeguard on duty during the lesson.
Registration and Information
• Register forms at cmf.org/paddling
• Scholarships are available
• Contact Kristin Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.547.3311, ext. 1664.
• Credit Card – call 603.547.3311, ext. 1660
• Check – made payable to CMARS and send check to:
Crotched Mountain Outpatient Services
1 Verney Drive, Greenfield, NH 03047